Friday, June 22, 2007

Thailand Drama

Some of you might remember that last January I lost my passport while I was in Thailand resulting in losing my 10 year Indian visa and only getting a 6 month visa. Therefore, my visa expires before I return to India and I need to get a new one.

I won't bore you with all the details, but pretty much today I realized that I was leaving India one day too late and my visa won't be ready in time! So what does this mean? I won't have my passport back in time to leave for Bali!

So then...we decided that if I just left one day early from India ALL would be ok! Yes, I had found the solution. Here's the problem! THE FLIGHTS ARE WAY OVERBOOKED... NOT POSSIBLE TO GET OUT ONE DAY EARLY!!!

This is the point where i freak out. My roomies are also freaking out with me. Especially as I begin to think that my Bali trip is totally being Jeopardized. I was thinking i might have to fly out a day late! All my planning was coming to an end and I was FREAKIN' out!!! Seriously.

My supervisor saved my vacation! I am forever indebted to him. He is switching traveling dates with me!! That is the only hope I had of making my vacation was switching ticket dates with a co-worker!! Bobby was amazing and is sending his family with me and staying behind!! So I am back on schedule!! My vacation is saved by Bobby!!!

So now...I am leaving in 4 days instead of 5!! I will be leaving this coming Tuesday instead of Wednesday!! Wahoo.

6 comments:

jrob said...

Bobby Saved The Day!!

Jonathan said...

That's great of Bobby to do - he's such a servant.

Amanda said...

Girl, that is crazy! I'm so glad it all worked out. Because really, when would you ever go to Bali again?

Amber said...

Well I am glad your long-anticipated Bali trip is going to happen. It was great that the Lord worked it out the way he did. Blessings for Bobby!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Bobby is so cool!

Emily said...

WHOA. That was close! I would've been freaking out too! That was so sweet of Bobby. And now you'll be on the same flight as us!