Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Parental Unit RECAP

I was on my way back from the airport reflecting my time with my parents. I couldn't help but being overcome by the sweetness of the Lord. The Holy Spirit kept bringing to my mind all the times I prayed, and asked, and journaled with the topic of my parents coming to see my in my element here in India. I asked my parents soo many times if it was possible because I just felt so strongly that they were suppose to come. They were always willing and ready, but as many of you know money doesn't grow on trees. After things seemed hopeless for them to come, I just sort of gave up hope and stopped asking. But tonight, I was reminded of His sweetness towards me, His ability to answer my prayers (just in His timing), His ability to know the deepest longings and desires of my heart, and His over ability to do beyond what we can think or imagine! So, I want to just praise God for His love for me and his ability to meet the inner-most desires of my heart. It is such a good reminder as I am just shy of two months of returning to American with not much of a clue what is next. But He knows my longings, my heart, my desires, my dreams, my future plans, my gifts, my passions, and He is ABLE!!! He has heard my prayers and He will answer them. What a trustworthy and personal God I love!!

So here are some of the highlights of the trip in no particular order:

1. The SURPRISE!! This will go down as one of my best memories EVER.

2. Both of my world's colliding. My parents being able to see the person that they have helped shaped me to be today!! They got to see a lot more of my heart and my world!

3. My dad was delighted to buy my mother a diamond and ruby ring and pendant! They are affordable here and he loved buying his bride something she loved so much!

4. My mom loved the smile on my dad's face. Supposedly he has been stressed and this is the most smiling he has done in a long time!

5. Medical Tourism. My dad bought a year's supply of some medication for just $37! In America, he was paying $50 a month! They saved like $500 just on his medication. Pretty awesome huh?

6. Having my parents meet Mona and fall in love with her too. They were pretty fond of Ericka too!

7. My parents brought the rain and cool weather with them! Delhi hasn't experienced such cool weather in like 5 years! This really is a praise. The temperature dropped like 40 degrees while they were here!

8. To see God's faithfulness and to see Him answering prayers right and left!!!

9. All the hugs I got from my parents!! I think I decided that I am physically deprived. :) I really needed those parent hugs and cuddles.

10. To see my parents reaction to the traffic here!!!!

We had chai with my Landlords (the most amazing landlords ever) this morning!!!

My Dad reading while we packed. You know my Dad...he LOVES to read!!

My mom doing some last minute packing!!

Me putting the last things in my action packers. My room is completely packed up- minus my clothes! Everything is coming to a close!!

Just 8 days till I leave for Thailand and Bali!!! I CANNOT wait! I leave a week from Wednesday!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Did your landlords like the present mommie got for them? What about Mona and Ericka? Did they like their gifts?

Alicia said...

YEP!! They all LOVED their gifts...especially the Guptas. The frame matched their house perfectly!

Amanda said...

That is so awesome! PTL that you had such a change in temp!

jrob said...

Wow I can't believe you guys are leaving in just two months.

Kelley C said...

That is so awesome. When will you post the video of them surprising you? I didn't get to see it before I left.

Janelle and Ella said...

I love everything about this list!! It is a great testimony of the Lord's sweetness. I am so so happy that you got to experience this last week with your parents! Yea!

Anonymous said...

You look so great! You have been working on your commitment! Glad the fam could make it to see you!

Anonymous said...

There is a possibility that I have tears in my eyes. I just love the Lord and His incredible faithfulness. Praise Him!!!!! Thanks for sharing and reminding us of your many prayers so that we too could take a moment to praise Him for this answered prayer!