Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day #6 with the Parental Unit

We woke up Saturday morning to rain!! Some of you at home must be praying A LOT because it has dropped 40 degrees since my parents arrived! It has been sooo cool! I am soo shocked and thankful! Because of the rain we got a late start on shopping, BUT man did we do some shopping! I took my parents to my other favorite market named Janpath. This is where all the beautiful wall hangings are! There is this strip of women that sit on the street and sell a variety of materials such as bed spreads, purses, and wall hangings which everyone seems to be requesting from the states! These ladies are pretty vicious and we got some amazing bargains!! I was pretty excited about all our great deals!

Here we are shopping on Janpath Lane.
Here I am trying to bargain getting this wallah to go down on prices!!

Here we are in a shawl shop!! This is my favorite place to go. They always recognize me and its great because of the relationship I have with this shop!
Here we are at India Gate! This is the famous picture to take. So here we are.

We got separated from the rest. Here is a little bit of Delhi traffic.
After shopping and a tad bit of site seeing we had dinner with Mona!! She made us the MOST DELICIOUS meal ever!! She pulled out all her best for us. I wouldn't have expected anything less. It was precious to share my family with her and just spend time investing in each other!!

Dinner at Mona's.

Mona's showed my parents her wedding albums and Ericka's baby albums.

Jhuma and Ericka danced for us!! We even got our own performance.

No comments: