I was a little impressed that everything has gone so smoothly with my parents and that there weren't really too many annoying cultural issues to deal with. BUT I guess it was just cause they hadn't been here long enough yet. Starting Sunday night and all day today- little cultural annoyances started to creep in starting with Subway not delivering our food after 3 hours. Then today, we called a Taxi and it took them 2 hours and 3 taxi services later before we were on our way! Here they like to lie to you on the phone saying they will deliver a product when in reality they are just flat out lying and wasting my time. I was pretty frustrated, but despite the cultural mishaps we persevered and enjoyed our last full day in Delhi.
We did a little site seeing and a little shopping. Some of the places we wanted to go ended up being closed. We ended up not doing as much as we originally thought, but it was fun just to be together. We are honestly pretty tired- so we came home to watch a movie.
Humayans Tomb




Tomorrow my parents are leaving. Pray they get seats on the plane because they are going standby. Not much planned tomorrow - just chai with my landlords.
3 comments:
I love that picture of the three of you.
That is a great shot of y'all. And I love your kurta!
Hey
I really liked your parents. Hope their time here was great!
Post a Comment