We slept in a little because... well ...we all needed the sleep. I didn't fall asleep till like 3 AM because my mind was thinking of what all we could do while we were together. Then we had coffee (minus my mom) and breakfast together. I kind of told them some cultural do's and don'ts and gave them some India survival tips. I had some plans to do some site seeing, BUT by the time we got dressed and was ready to go it was about 1 AM and too hot to be walking around Delhi.
Because my parents are troopers, they didn't want to stay in, so I took them to my favorite market, Kahn Market. This market is actually one of the nicest markets in Delhi and my place the roomies and I go to escape culture!!
It was just me and my parents (no roomies tagging along-they actually had work to do) so I decided to take them in a Rickshaw! So here they are on their first rickshaw ride. It was a little tight (our hips are a little too wide for the auto rickshaw) and pretty hot, BUT they seemed to really enjoy it and appreciate it. They are both AMAZED by the traffic here. I am surprised at how well they are dealing with the traffic....I honestly thought my mom would be so much more tense- she is pretending very very good!!

Here they are in the alley of the market. They weren't too impressed by the outward appearance of the market and I think were a little surprised this was considered one of the nicest markets in Delhi. I took them to all my favorite shops and my mom even bought two Khurta's to wear! You will see them on her hopefully throughout the week. It was so surreal to take them to all my favorite places!!! We had a little extra time, so we got cold drinks (cokes) at Cafe Turtle which is a little place that looks like it would come straight out of "You've Got Mail". The AC wasn't working all that great, but it nice to sit and escape the heat!!
Here they are in the alley of the market. They weren't too impressed by the outward appearance of the market and I think were a little surprised this was considered one of the nicest markets in Delhi. I took them to all my favorite shops and my mom even bought two Khurta's to wear! You will see them on her hopefully throughout the week. It was so surreal to take them to all my favorite places!!! We had a little extra time, so we got cold drinks (cokes) at Cafe Turtle which is a little place that looks like it would come straight out of "You've Got Mail". The AC wasn't working all that great, but it nice to sit and escape the heat!!
After we left the market, we headed over to Jonathan and Kelley's for dinner! They were so excited to meet my parents and we had a delicious meal!

My parents first Indian meal! They actually really liked it!!
My parents first Indian meal! They actually really liked it!!
Our meal with Jonathan and Kelley. Kiran was already asleep for the night!!
I would say the Parental Unit did great!! They survived the sweltering heat and couldn't tell if it was the heat or the jet lag that made them so tired. They were pretty excited to come home and take showers and sit in the AC!!!
2 comments:
1 AM sounds like a great time to go out, but I don't think Kahn Market would be open :) Just kidding, I know you meant PM :) Looks like you guys had fun!
I am so SAD I'm not there meeting your second family. I love them for taking such good care of you in our absence.
Post a Comment