Thursday, August 09, 2007

Alicia is back.


I did something liberating today. I bought a watch!!! You must be wondering...how is THAT liberating? Let me explain.

Alicia is a time oriented person and India is NOT a time-oriented culture. After about a year of pure frustration with people being late...I gave up and stopped wearing a watch. For the sake of personal sanity...I chose to stop caring about time and stopped wearing a watch.

After purchasing my new watch, I surprisingly felt this liberation. The time-oriented Alicia was allowed to come back. I think one thing that I really struggled with while in India was truly being Alicia. There are so many things about "me" that had to die to while living India. When I bought a watch it was a tribute to Alicia fully coming back!! I am excited to live in America again and just be ME, ME, ME!!! I think the older I get the more and more I discover who had has truly designed me to be!!!

Next time you see me...ask me what time it is because I have a watch!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What time is it?

Craig & Cindy said...

You are stuck in the generational on time thing. From Grandad to Mommie to Alicia. Your kids are doomed! I am so glad for your liberation and getting to be Alicia again.