My Grandmother, Grandfather, Daddy, friends Maritza and Lisa of my mom's, and Shanny (my mom was taking the picture and of course she was there!)
Me and my Daddy.
It was soo fun! My sister and mom lined my driveway with red lights for "rolling out the red carpet"!! It was soo fun to drive up and see my driveway all lit up!! Isn't that too fun?! I love my family!
Here is the red carpet they rolled out for me!! Yes...they literally laid a red carpet for me!!
The first thing I ate when I got home was a roast beef, pepper jack cheese, miracle whip, and tomato sandwich! It's funny the things you miss!!
Odd culture shock things...so far...
1. I am no used to understanding everyone around me. So on the plane while I was reading, I heard about 5 different conversations that I could understand and it was driving me NUTS!!!
2. I am freezing everywhere I go. I am definitely not used to be in AC all the time.
3. I can plug things in easily! No converters! It's so simple!
4. No water heater for my shower! You just turn it on and its hot! Simple again!
More to come I am sure...My life is being so much less complicated!! Wahoo!!
8 comments:
haha! fun post! That pepper jack cheese looks sooooo good right now!! I would love to have some of that! yum!!! I can almost taste it! Your "culture shock" comments are funny! That first one cracks me up!
Yay! I got a little teary just seeing the picture of you walking through the airport. I'm so glad you're home!
I'm so glad you had such a great reunion and homecoming! How fun! Now lets see pictures of your new car.
Woohoo!! Your back in Texas. I like knowing that you are only 6 hours away. And I did the same as Amanda, definitely got teary eyed when I saw that picture your mom took of you walking down the hall and picturing how exciting a moment that must have been for y'all!
Um, your forgot...
1. Having toilet paper and regular toilets everywhere... we even have seat covers (I think this one is the most important one)
2. Public garbage cans and regular trash pickup
3. being able to get into a taxi wihtout haggling first
4. the price on the item is the price
5. being able to drink water right from the tap without being afraid of dying
6. Not having to worry about your "virtue" everywhere you go ;-)
So glad you are back safe and happy!! Love ya! I will call soon :-)
Congrats and welcome back to you! ;) I'm glad you arrived safely and I know how glad you must feel to be home! Want to go to the Paper Bear some time? :)
thanks for the pictures of your glorious homecoming. your family just looks amazing... and those airport signs were hilarious.
keep those culture shock lists coming! they made me laugh.
That sandwich looks so amazing. And I never even thought about the fact that back in the States I'll be able to understand everyone...weird. I'm so glad you had a happy homecoming!
Post a Comment