Thursday, August 02, 2007

Breaking Language and Culture boundries.....

First of all...for some reason today...I have been super giggly. I woke up on the giggly side of the bed. I have laughed so hard tonight I have cried and almost died because I couldn't breathe. This Post is just killing me. Everytime I look at the photo and read the comments I bust out in PURE laughter! I think me and the roomies are delerious. Here we are camping out enjoying each other and making each other laugh rediculously.

Ok..so now for the purpose of this post.... SPOONS!
We taught my indian friends how to play cards this week! I kind of wish we would've done it earlier. We haven't really gotten to spend as much time with Deepa's brother and sister because of the language barrier BUT passing cards around, fighting...eh uh..i mean grabbing spoons breaks cultural barriers!!! Wahoo!

A Funny cultural note: Indians think that all card playing is associated with gambling...aka.. only pagan heathens or christians do that!! I think they asked me if I learned how to shuffle in a bar! ha ha. Also...Sh*t is not a bad word in the indian culture. SO every few minutes during playing cards I would hear them say "sh*t". Hence more giggling today. Lindsey and I just laugh everytime. I told you I was giggly today!

1 comment:

Craig & Cindy said...

Be sure to bring the giddy home with you. I am so glad you were able to have this fun time with Deepa and family.