Today was actually pretty busy and random. It started in the morning with our typical Wednesday prayer time for South Asia. I have grown to love this time with my teammates! Today was extra beautiful as we worshipped and prayed together for the last time. Then the moving/chaos began! At one time, we had about 6 movers in our house, a pastor and a sadhu (hindu holy man) watching chronicles of narnia on my computer, a tailor dropping off my stuff, and all of us frantically trying to finish up everything! I am just glad we paid people to move our junk from one flat to another.
Just for the record, our current landlord decided to sell our flat rather than continue renting. Therefore, Laura had to find a new flat very quickly! She seemed a little stressed today. We are still in our current flat, but just kept three mattresses and are having one BIG slumber party for the next few days. There is literally nothing else in our flat- including no refrigerator or stove. So we will be ordering out a lot and borrowing water from my neighbor.
I am thankful I wasn't the movers. Laura's new flat is 5 stories up and NO elevator. It started to rain and the furniture got all wet. Pretty sure it is ruined and that they knicked up everything. What to do?! I wish i would've taken a picture of the truck...you would understand why our furniture is in the poor state that it is now...until later my friends...peace out.
This is a horrible picture of me with my fed-ex boxes. BUT today I shipped off the rest of my stuff to the Americas. The fed-ex men made me cry, but that's ok. It was definitely one of those moments where I was thankful I was leaving India and the male dominated society!!
3 comments:
Moving Day! Exciting! I'm feeling very sentimental right now.
This leaving stuff is crazy! Leaving our house in Manali (which I did at 1:30 am) was definitely a WEIRD feeling. I definitely treasure the times we've had together these last 2 years. I can't wait to meet up again at the farm in a few weeks! Until then, enjoy your travelling!
YEA! SHE'S COMING HOME!!!!!!
Post a Comment