Lindsey and I didn't leave for the airport till late Saturday (August 4) so we had almost the whole day to blow. We kept busy by saying goodbye to our students in the morning, helping Laura arrange and settle into her apartment, say goodbye to Mona, turn in our keys, and have dinner with the Fudenna's for the last time. The day was filled with many good-byes and many many many tears. Lindsey and I cried tears of sadness, tears of joys, tears of love for our friends, tears of laughter, and tears of closure. Saying goodbye was more difficult than Lindsey and I anticipated or expected but it made us realize the depth of relationship and love we have experienced in India.
Lindsey and I were dropped off at the airport at the same time because our flights were only within an hour of each other! What do you say to your best friend, co-worker, and roomie after two-years of falling in love with India together? I still can't believe that Lindsey isn't around to tell EVERYTHING to and to experience this next season with. I am already DYING to hear from her!! We parted ways very reluctantly but happy that we will see each other again in September!!!
Since I boarded the plane to come to Korea I have been pretty numb and not sure what to think about "no longer living in India." I have realized now that so many things are about to change and how much I am going to miss the people and culture of India and the life I lived there. I long for the day when I can go back!! I pray that it is sooner than later.
These thoughts are pretty random, but I hope they make sense. I still can't make sense in my mind what these past two years have meant for me and how I should feel right now. I am praying through what India has meant for me what is next! India definetly will leave its mark on what the next chapter in my life holds!!
For those of you wondering...I will be continuing my blog...don't worry!!
2 comments:
This was a very sweet post. I was actually wondering how your last day was spent. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you are with emotions! PTL that you get to relax and take it all in with your sister by your side.
There has also been many thoughts and emotions going through my mind about you and your time in India, your return "home" and what the future holds. I can only imagine what you are going through.
I am so thankful for the time we had in India with you. It makes everything so much more real to us and not just a wild story you are telling everyone. It was awesome to see you in your own enviroment and watch you deal with the Indians.
You touch more hearts and lives then you will ever know. Your full reward will only be see by all the jewels that are in your heavenly crown.
Daddy and I are counting the days before we can have you back home. It will be good to hear your "melody" ringing throughout the house again. We know it won't be long before you leave home again to start the next chapter of you live....but hopefully you will be around long enough to fill our love tank again.
Last night as I sat listening during a Bible study you can to my mind. I think it was the first time I really got excited about you coming home...and how real it will be. Then today, it feels like it is just a dream again.
This comment is getting way to long and "mushy" so I better go.
But I am excited to go along for the ride of the next chapter of your life.
Post a Comment