"Are you sad?" Honestly, I kind of wish I was a little bit more sad than I am. I am actually pretty excited about the next step...(and no I don't have all those details worked out yet). I don't want you to equate me not being sad to me having a horrible two years and wanting to get the heck out of here. In fact, it's the exact opposite of that. I have just been amazed at the peace and closure Jesus has given me up until the end. I know it is time for this beautiful and life changing season to end, but I know without a doubt in my heart this two years has been preparation for what's next! Walking with Jesus is always crazy fun, full of life and adventurous ...soo...why not be excited?!!
I am most amazed at the joy and peace he has given in these last weeks. I also can't wait to share with you more in detail of ALL the multiple things He is at work doing around me. Sometimes he answers prayers at the VERY LAST minute!! I have seen Him answer more prayers in this past few weeks than my whole term!! I have seen tangible fruit of my work and it has been the most rewarding feeling! I didn't expect to have so much closure and peace as I left. Jesus, "You are the Faithful One".
I will have to say that the hardest thing about leaving is saying goodbye. I said goodbye to Texas two years ago, BUT I knew I was coming back. I am not for sure if I will ever see my Indian friends again. I have to trust that Jesus will take care of them in my absence. So saying goodbye to the people I love and who have become my family will be very very hard.
"What have I been doing?" Packing, getting rid of stuff, packing, apartment hunting, packing, hanging out with friends, lots of last minute projects, shopping for my crazy family, packing, watching movies at nights with the roomies, and packing!
My last few weeks have actually been really really relaxing, restful, and not all that busy. It has been perfect. We have had time to do what we need to do, but also just really invest in friends and hang out.
Here is Lindsey packing. She looked like this for about 4 days. She has also repacked her suitcases about 16 time trying to get them to weigh the proper amount. I think tonight she finally got everything balanced out correctly.
This was the massive pile of bags and give away that was growing over the past several months.
Here is all of the stuff after Lindsey so nicely organized it all! Way to go Lindsey. We let our helper, Anita, take stuff and then we invited our students over to take what they wanted.
Deepa saw the picture of the "Divellers" hanging on our wall and asked for it. It was actually really sweet cause as Deepa was packing it she very endearingly look at it and said, "My family." So I am sure this random HUGE picture of mine and Lindsey's family will hang and people will think...who are those white people?
5 comments:
Sister, do not feel bad for a second that you are happy and excited about your time in India ending. God gave you a two-year assignment and you have completed it! Celebrate, smile, party, whatever...because you have finished that race! You made it! To God be the glory! I can't wait to hear more about everything in your life. Let me know when you will be arriving to North Texas by car or plane. Love you!
Amanda
I want to see the picture of both families. Can you send it to me. I haven't seen it. I don't think I even knew it exsisted!
Wow, it is incredible to believe you are leaving in a week. Like Amanda said, it's a time to celebrate! I am celebrating with you. This has been such an exciting last couple of years keeping up with your ministry. I'm a little sad to see it go, so you better keep up with your blog with all the exciting adventures you go on when this one is over.
aw...i am sad. but selfishly so i guess!
WOW! I feel so honored to be hanging in Deepa's house. That makes me feel so special.
Post a Comment