Monday, July 09, 2007

BALI -- licious

I wish I could post pictures to show you how wonderful this place it, but I am stuck using an internet cafe. This place has proven itself and I understand why it is one of the top vacation spots in the world!! We were discussing that this place must be like the Hawaii of Asia. I honestly think both have there perks.

Here are some of the perks...

1. Asian prices (everything is cheap)
2. Asian food!
3. Cheap open markets for bargaining. They have these awesome jewelry stores that completely overwhelm me.
4. Amazing weather! Yesterday, we were at the beach all day BUT we didn't sweat at all. The weather here is sooo cool, BUT we did get some great sun. Some of us got scorched. I, however, managed to get away with a small sunburn.
5. Bali has a very small town quaint feel to it! You just want to soak it all up. It doesn't have too much Western influence- its still looks like Asia.

We decided to sleep in today (i slept in till noon!) and not go to the beach. We are using this vacation to just relax and most of us needed a break from the sun because of our sun burns. Our villa is soo beautiful and relaxing that we don't even have to leave our house to enjoy Bali. There are several chairs and couches outside that are great for relaxing, talking, journaling, and sleeping! It's blissful.

There is soo much more I could say, but I will spare you. Tonight, we are going to enjoy Hard Rock Cafe and maybe some Starbucks. We thought we should check out some of the western chains too...although...indonesian food is DELICIOUS!!!

The Lord has been really sweet and faithful to us on this trip!! Thanks for all your prayers!!

7 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Alicia, you don't know me. I "found" your blog through Amanda. But I wanted you how much I'm enjoying your recent break. My Dad has always been a senior pastor of fairly large church, and because of that, I know how refreshing a getaway can be. (Plus, I love seeing God reward his faithful servants!)

I look forward to your continued adventure. (And a few pictures of Bali!)

Amanda said...

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I AM NOT JEALOUS!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see pictures, alicia! i just read this morning in psalm 104 how God opens his hand and satisfies the desires of every living thing. i think your villa with the cooking and laundry service just tickles His heart to watch you enjoy it.

bali sounds wonderful.

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow. I am picturing it all in my head now. I'm so glad it's everything and more than you imagined.

LinZ said...

You are being so blessed with so many exotic experiences!

Craig & Cindy said...

WOW you are having so much fun. Maybe next time we can surprise you in Bali instead of Delhi! It sounds like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

So here I am, sitting at my computer on July 14, 2007. It was at this time last year that I was so stressfully preparring for what would be the best day of my life. In the midst of my preparing, I was spending time with my oh-so-sweet and faithful friend that flew all the way here just for me (kind of) and was a beautiful bridesmaid. Those incredible memories became that much more incredible because you were here to celebrate, to calm me in stressful moments (the hair dresser when my mom called), to bring laughter, to bring encouragement, etc. etc. etc! I miss you! I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I've seen you! I can't believe it's been over a month since I've talked to you! I will be home all day Monday! Let's chat!