Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer is Here! #EverydayMay

Summer is making it's debut this weekend and I feel the graduation blues disappearing! Watching the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance last night, reading while sun bathing in the sun this afternoon, hosting a group of friends tomorrow night, and making the first beach trip of the summer on Monday are all redemptive signs that summer is here!!

I absolutely love summer. I love iced drinks, barbeque's, picnics, the smell of sunscreen and sand between my toes, the hot sun, sunsets at the beach, and the carefree joy that summer ushers in! To me it's like a breath of fresh air.

I am not really sure what people do during the summer, when they aren't traveling the globe, but I am going to try to make my last summer in Cali as epic as possible! My only plans are to work PT at the Bucks, become a Californian beach bum, and enjoy quality time with friends and family. It's going to be a rough summer, but someone has to do it!

So I was thinking about watching a tv series this summer, but I am rethinking this and thinking instead I might work on building a summer reading list and become smarter. This is what I have so far, but I need some fun fictions.... any suggestions?



I am not sure if this is the book I will read, but I am looking for a good book that deal with working with volunteers in the church. It was recommend to me that I read a book on this, so still researching which is the best.

I started to read this series like 3 years ago and got through the first 3 or 4. I would like to finish them.





What are some other good books out there. I have smart nerdy friends that have awesome taste in books. What are some other non-academic or fictional books that you love and recommend?

Help build my reading list. And if you have the book, I would love even more to borrow it!

1 comment:

Kelley C said...

Recently I've read The Handmaid's Tale- not a fun read- dysotopian in nature- but very very interesting

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- fun read- I listened to it and enjoyed the British accents!