( *Ban is the hybrid of a boy man. It's the age of man, but the maturity and interest of a boy. A boy stuck in a man body. You can refer to the preface of "Church Planter" by Darin Patrick for the full disclosure or this article.)
***Disclaimer, this song is a crass...so press play with caution.
What happened to the guy talking about the girl whose smile makes everyone stop and stare for awhile?
And last week didn't you say you'd catch a grenade for me?
Or throw your hand on a blade for me?
Bruno Mars, this beautiful girl aint got nothin' on you.
Bruno, if you're attempting to get that beautiful girl from all over the world, then you best get up and get a job and get off that cocaine, son.
Then maybe I can love you, just the way you are.
My awesome bestie Becka and another fellow everydaymay blogger helped me write this one. It provided for some late night giggles.
5 comments:
Brilliant! I knew I hated this song, I just thought it was because it seemed kind of pointless. Great call on picking out the underlying message.
This song drives me nuts. It literally has no meaningful content.
YES. YES. YES.
As a correction/question, wouldn't it be a boy stuck inside of a man's body? Aka muscles and an adams apple confusing the eye when all you see/hear is a toddler?
Rissa,You are absolutely right. I just corrected it.
I have yet to actually read Church Planter, but I was talking to Sarah about it at ITW, following up after several long conversations about what manhood actually means in Belgium, and I find Patrick's definition of the Ban to be incredible.
I'm excited to see how this call to manhood is going to change the church - who knows maybe it'll even change pop music.
Post a Comment