Sunday, May 01, 2011

May is Finally Here! #everdaymay

May is finally here! I have been anticipating this joyous month since the fall of 2008 when I started my graduate career. These next few weeks, I am wrapping up last assignments and ultimately my graduate career. My life will soon be about whatever I want, in the sense that professors and syllabi will not be the things that inform me of what to read and write. There will be new freedom to explore, to engage, and to participate in new opportunities. This season, that I have been telling myself is “just a season,” is actually coming to an end! The time is here!

But with this, comes the reality that my time in California is also coming to an end. I will be heading to Texas to pursue full-time ministry with a new church plant. I always knew that California would just be a season. There is nothing keeping me here anymore. The things (job, school, and church) that God specifically brought me to California for have ended. But ultimately they were the exact things that God used to prepare me and equip me to go. So as I walk into the month of May, I bring a lot of emotions to the table. This month will be a month of not only celebrating great accomplishments, but also a month of acknowledging the closure of a great season.

So here’s to May and all the joys and emotions it brings! Also, I have committed to blog every day in May with some friends in my Sandals Church community. It was cleverly coined #everydaymay. So look forward to my rough thoughts and edits of the things God is doing in my heart and my life daily this month.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Moving out of state for ministry sounds so so awesome! I would die to be able to do something like that! Be blessed.