Today is my mom and dad's 32nd wedding anniversary! We live in a day and age when even the world understand that 32 years is something to celebrate and somewhat of a victory. I am one of those incredibly blessed daughters that have had the privilege of growing up in not only a functional home, but a Christian home. My parents always put their relationship with Christ first, then their marriage, and then their three daughters. The daily choices they made to love each other through their commitment have laid a strong legacy for me. I hope that one day, I will have the privilege of reading a post from my daughter celebrating thirty plus years of my own marriage! Thanks for the legacy.
To Daddy and Mommie,
*Yes I still call them Daddy and Mommie after 27 years- call us weird.
Thank you Daddy, for always kissing Mommie first thing when you walked in the door from work and for making gross kissing sounds to freak your daughters out. Thanks for always putting your relationship with her first. Thanks for modeling cuddling on the couch, holding hand, and taking your bride out on dates. Your love towards Mommie is etched in my memory always.
Thank you Mommie for being an example of Godly womanhood. Thanks for showing me what Godly submission looks like in marriage. Thanks for always loving Daddy and showing me how a wife takes care of her husband. Even in the little things, like making sure he matches because God knows he would be a fashion mistake without you. Thanks for accepting daddy through the multiple rolling of your eyes at the ridiculousness that is "Daddy."
Thanks to both of you for your commitment and your godly example of marriage. I love you both and am honored to have parents that chose to love and stay committed to each other. Here's to another thirty years!
Love your youngest baby girl and Half Pint,
Alicia
1 comment:
I love hearing stories like this of long, happy marriages and all the beautiful fruit they bear. Thank you for sharing :)
Post a Comment