Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11.9: Starbucks Initiation

Sorry for skipping out on the November Blog Fest for 2 days. The past few days have been filled with completing papers, class, and working at Starbucks.

Starbucks seems to be the main thing in my mind these days... Every new job has a day where you feel like it was your day of initiation. Today was that for me. Here are my debrief thoughts for the day.

  1. I went to my first regional meeting. It was a holiday meeting. It was filled with red aprons, goals, and Christmas cheer. Yep. Gearing up for selling the deliciousness that is the Christmas blend.
  2. I found out one of my co-workers (who is 18) was my roommate Becka's student. It was a funny yet bonding connection for Derek and I.
  3. I get to work with David at my store. David was my student co-leader for my trip to East Asia two summers ago. It's kind of fun being his boss again and to get to work alongside of him. I love that kid.
  4. The other Baristas were making fun of me today. Which they then informed me that they only tease the people they like. #coworkerwin
  5. I returned to my store after a the meeting to an understaffed shift. So I definitely got THROWN IN THE DEEP IN. I pretty much owned the drinks and asked lots and lots of questions.
  6. I worked 45 minutes later than I was supposed to without my ten minute break. I feel like this earned me some stripes today.
  7. I went in for coffee tonight after I babysat little E and they heard that I got thrown and I seemed it was talked about in a respectful way. They even gave me my coffee on the house.
I feel like I won some respect from my co-workers today! It is a good feeling. I am really thankful that God has placed so many new people in my area of influence- especially a lot of young college age students! College student ministry continues on!!

2 comments:

kim said...

yay! how fun, I'm secretly slightly jealous of your new job :)

Alicia said...

Well Kim, I am secretly slightly jealous of your two beautiful sons.