Tuesday, November 02, 2010

11.1: Month of Return

It's 11:34 pm and I have a little less than 30 minutes to make my first November post. I have been thinking about blogging and what to blog about all day. I have a lot of high hopes for this month. I am calling this a month of return because I need to return to things that make me feel like Alicia and things that are just GOOD for me even if I hate them in the moment.

I have been telling my roommate Becka for over a year now that I used to be a different person and that I don't necessarily like who I am all the time these days. And then one day, when I was recently sharing this again she called me out. She said you've been saying this long enough that maybe this is who you really are. Ouch. As hard as that was to hear, it is the truth.

So this is a month of an attempt at returning. I am not naive enough to think that I will be the same, but I do hope to bring back some redemptive things about myself that make me tick. So here are some things I am trying to be consistent with this month. And by consistent I mean daily.

1. I want to go running every day. Today I ran 2 miles. I loved running, but I am OUT OF SHAPE which means that I am not so much on the "enjoying running" side of the spectrum. So I am hoping to start small at 2 miles every day and go from there. And I am training for another half-marathon. So at this point, I need to start running consistently.

2. I want to spend adequate time STUDYING Scripture and spending time with the Lord DAILY. I have an Inductive Study on the Book of 1 Samuel that I picked up today. So I will start the first day tomorrow.

3. I need to trim down a bit. The reasons for this could be a completely separate blog post. But my plan is that you will see LESS of me in November. :)

My spiritual and physical health are my focus this month. These are both linked to discipline. I feel like these are the baby steps to starting to deal with a lot of bigger steps in the near future. So this is where I am at the first part of this month and where I hope to go. Feel free to ask me how it's going. :) Oh and your prayers would be much appreciated.

No comments: