I work with high school graduates that my roommate had as students. This time last year, I had my dream job and now I work at Starbucks and another job that is hard to explain.
Days like today I feel like I am about 6 steps back from where I once was.
I miss my CBU community. And I guess I am surprised at how quickly most of them forgot me.
BIG SIGH.
Thankful for new days.
I open tomorrow for the Bucks at 4:30 am. Best I get my butt in bed.
4 comments:
It may seem like a step back, but what is God teaching you in this step? How are you different as a person now than you were a year ago? How has God grown you through this experience? These are the things to celebrate when you feel "blah." I know you know this truth, but as someone who really didn't become part of your community until the latter part of your time at CBU and after, I just wanted to send support and direction. Frankly, I think it's cool that you work at Starbucks and that you had the courage to do the self-employed thing, at least for a time. To me, you're in a good place of flexibility. As soon as God asks you to move, you'll be able to drop and go. Being in the opposite situation, I see a definite positive in that.
I'm sorry, friend. That is really hard. God is working in you and through you. He hasn't stopped. Curtis and I are STILL feeling like "God, when are we gonna get where we're going?" I would have thought after all this time that we would be there! Anyway, I'm praying for you right now that God would comfort your heart as you miss your CBU community. I'm praying He will encourage you today. I love you!
yuck that is way to early!
i love you :) and i'm not in the community anymore :)
I struggled with this when I left churchwork.
A couple of things come to mind:
- If it was your dream job, you'd still have it. Dream position? Perhaps. But dream environment or dream timing? Probably not. It's easy to idealize what you had previously when you don't have it anymore. Israel even managed to romanticize slavery in Egypt. Plus, what are the odds of finding your perfect job at our age and it never changing for the rest of your life?
- God used losing what I wanted to do to both humble me and to teach me what He wanted me to do. It took three years since losing the job, and it'll be at least another year until I'm out doing what He has called me to. In the meantime, I learned that no job was beneath me, and that's probably why I'm ready to follow God's calling now.
Post a Comment