Friday, November 12, 2010

11.11: Sisters

Many of you know that I am the youngest of three sisters. Tonight I had the rare opportunity to hear from both of them on Skype. You know how in some families that because you are sisters you are exactly alike both in personality and looks. Well scratch this idea because this is not how me and my sisters are.

Shannon is EXACTLY three years older than me because I was born on her third birthday (and now we are not twins, just to clear that up). My memories of her growing-up are of us fighting. My particularly favorite fighting story of ours involves a new drivers license, the Christmas holidays, the mall, and twisting each other's boobs. It's pretty much a laugh off your chair kind of story. We were the typical oldest sister vs. younger sister growing up. So we left each other alone.

Amber and I are 1 year and 17 days apart. Amber is the peacemaker. She is your typical middle sister. She was always trying to get Shannon and I to get along which generally lead to us becoming annoyed and mad at her. Amber is good at math. She used to help me with my math homework in high school and I remember getting impatient with her when she just wouldn't give me the answer. We were both cheerleaders together, worked on yearbook staff, attended the same college, graduated from college in the same ceremony, and then we both moved overseas at the same time. I moved to India she moved to South Korea (my poor mother). Our lives somehow have always mirrored each others. Even now, she is in Georgia and I am in California. East coast vs. West coast. Both out-of-state (again my poor mother).

I love both of these ladies so much but on two completely different levels because well let's just be honest we are all so different their has to be love on different levels. One thing I hate most about my life is that both of these ladies are in my life in a very minimal way. Texas and Georgia are worlds away from California. However, when we do actually spend time together I find myself entirely in love with them both. The three of us together is dangerous and one quirky threesome. But they are my sisters and I love them.

They are my favorite ladies to watch musicals (white christmas, 7 brides for 7 brothers) with, my favorite ladies to laugh with, my favorite ladies to spend the holidays with and my favorite ladies to just be myself with.

Not sure why I decided to blog about them tonight, but I miss them both terribly. I still hope one day that all of us will live on the same street raising our crazy but incredibly beautiful children together. I hope our kids be awesome cousins to one another.

Love you ladies and miss you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl!!! I am so glad yall had time to "be together"
Mommie