Saturday, November 27, 2010

11.26: Thanksgiving

Sorry that I have been MIA in my November Blog Fest for 4 days! I was traveling a little bit and had little to no internet access.

I had an interesting Thanksgiving this year. Thanks to my new employment, I had the joy of working from 11:30 to 6 on Thanksgiving which means there really wasn't time to do anything festive on the holiday. So I headed out to my cousins' house in Oak Park for a few days to hang out. I LOVE going to visit Erica and Nicks house because they end up spoiling me while I am there AND I just completely relax. I just love it. And she always makes me look beautiful by doing my hair!

This Thanksgiving morning as I was making the couple hour commute back down to Riverside I was reflecting on what I was truly thankful for. And honestly, I kept finding myself thankful for the cross and my salvation because it seems to keep everything in proper perspective for me. I would be lying if I said this semester was fun and than trusting God has been a fun or easy this semester. There have been many times when I want to feel sorry for myself, to despair, to freak out, or to want to go completely MIA, but trying to see my life in a bigger picture puts everything in perspective and make me woman-up.

So this season, I am just so thankful for Christ in my life. I would be a hot mess without Him. I know this is a super cliche but it's true.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the holiday season!!

1 comment:

Moliteljica said...

So good impulse to thanksgiving... and talking with Christ! Thank you, Alicia!