Today was also incredibly refreshing such as a PTL.
I had the opportunity to go for a run with one of my new partners at Starbucks. She is enlisting in the military is trying to build up her endurance for running. So we went for a run. I would like to consider my new employment at the Bucks as a new place to bring the gospel. So this was hopefully the beginning of building a friendship that will hopefully lead to sharing the gospel.
I also had the opportunity to meet with one of my students that I went to India with this summer. We talked about life, theology, the church, and friendship. It was such a blessing to share conversation with him and just get to speak some truth into his life.
AND I had small group tonight with people that I genuinely love. It was probably one of the most difficult conversations that our group has shared together as we plan for our futures of moving overseas. It was a talk about where the rubber meets the road and if we are going to change things up in our lives. We are starting to have a lot of specific church planting conversation. I walked away tonight excited about a vision and challenged to get my butt in gear.
Today was refreshing. New friendships, mentorship, and getting my butt kicked was so refreshing and has given me a little perspective after this somewhat crappy week. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment