Wednesday, November 03, 2010

11.3: Learning Curve

So I have officially taken on two different jobs in about a six week period of time. They are both in a job field that I have NO real experience in. Therefore, my learning curve is HUGE. The only thing that I have going for me are my people skills. I have never been so thankful not to be social awkward. It's really paying off these days.

For example, earlier today I was learning the art of making the perfect cup of coffee and then came home to learning how to do online marketing. And then I thought to myself, "What the heck was I thinking?!"

So I have recently immersed myself in two different corporate worlds learning new lingo, systems, philosophy's, and trying to gain a vision for both. And the funniest thing about this scenario is that I am leading people in both jobs.

I have lots of Starbucks partners who's eyes widen when they find out I came in as their Lead Shift Supervisor. I still have yet to determine if this is them feeling sorry for my learning curve OR a little annoyed that they weren't promoted to shift lead.

And then with Melaleuca, because of my success and growing my team, I am currently training and leading several individuals! YIKES. Its like the blind leading the blind.

Despite this huge learning curve, I am LOVING all the new experiences in non-ministry jobs. I have a whole other blog post about my philosophy of work that I will save for another day. But I am excited to get some new skills and tools under my belt and to learn!

So kind of a random post today, but kind of all I was thinking about today!

1 comment:

Mrank said...

Wait! I didn't realize that you got a lead supervisor position at Starbucks??!! I didn't know that was possible (or I would have applied long ago :)

Way to go you!