
I started a blog post earlier today and then realized that I didn't have enough time to articulate what I really wanted too. So here I am writing at almost 2 am. But really it's only 1am because of the time change. :)
Today was actually really fun. Sometimes I am convinced that my Saturdays are totally lame because I always wake up knowing I will be spending the majority of my day doing homework and all my plans revolve around this. However, today turned out to be a rather lovely day. I really enjoyed quality time with my bestie becka becuase we haven't really had anytime lately to connect. So today was really fun. We wrote our papers together at Starbucks and then we hopped over to her parents' house for dinner. I love sitting around a dinner table with family. It makes me feel normal when I eat a home cooked meal with the Lohmans. They are like my adopted family in Riverside. They feed me and invite me to holidays. It's super great. Then we went on a mall excursion to get some necessary items (cheetah VS boyfriend cut sweat pants) and then decided to also indulge ourselves in some Red Velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory. So we got it to go and ate it with a freshly brewed cup of coffee to kick start our second writing sesh.
Today I am thankful for Becka. She is my best friend and there are very few people in this world that I feel as loved, accepted, and myself around. She is my favorite person to spend my Saturdays with and to be experiencing this season in life with. People tease all the time (and quite frankly we tease ourselves) that we are spousal. It's pretty much a true accusation. But I am so thankful to have someone to share life with on such a deep and spiritual level. So tonight I am just thankful for my witty, ridiculous, ghetto, intelligent, and oh so wonderful Bestie Becka.
1 comment:
Awwwww!!!! This time you filled MY love tank :)
Thank you. I too do not know what I would do in this sometimes overwhelming season of life without you!
Post a Comment