Today is my Daddy's 50th Birthday!! My family is throwing him a big party and I obviously will not get to be there. But... my sister made and mailed life- sized "Amber and Alicia's" handcrafted with paper from Korea!! My sister is always so creative. He said all he wanted for his birthday was for us to be there...so there we are in Texas now!!
So this is my Daddy. (He is a handsome Daddy) Just so you know, I am a Daddy's girl through and through. Last week, I got an email from my mother saying that I should call my dad because he was missing me and that he cried about it. My oldest sister, Shannon, is putting together a slide show of his life(for the party) and he has seen the baby photos of his girls and I guess its been making him emotional. So while making his bed, he pushed the recording I left him in my build a bear I made for my parents before I moved to India. I guess that did him in and he cried. He cried cause he misses his girls! Now to all you Daddy's girls, you know how much this killed me. He said he misses our hugs and didn't get enough while we were home. 
There is one thing I have never doubted, that is that my Daddy loves me. He displayed it through all the millions of hugs and kisses, through all the tickles, the early morning songs you used to wake me up, the shark attack in the pool, sitting in your lap (even when I am 23), sitting in your study talking, our daddy daughter dates, watching chick flicks, trying to karate chop you and you always telling me I’m gonna get hurt, being your clone, calling me half pint, tucking me into bed at night, and last but not least all verbal affirmation of ‘I love you.’

We must give my dad some credit. He is the only male of four woman in his house! He has put up with a lot of female emotions for a lifetime!! He says he loves his girls!! I have fond memories of my dad watching millions of chick-flicks. I think he can still quote little mermaid from beginning to end. Thanks for always taking pride in your girls!!
I love you and Happy 50th Birthday!! I know its hard to be apart, but it's for its all for our King!!! Love you always... your Half Pint.
picture 1- life sized models of amber and I
picture 2- my daddy andI dancing at Hannah's wedding- next time there is a picture of us dancing i hope my dress is white ;)
Picture 4- My dad and his girls at hanah's wedding

3 comments:
What a great "Shout Out"! Your Daddy is the best because he has the BEST family every.
Mommie
Your dad must be a great man because he has raised wonderful daughters! And what a blessing for you to have a great father here on Earth!
Aw Alicia this post made me cry! I miss my Dad too. I watched Father of the Bride the other day and bawled like a baby. haha -Emily R.
Post a Comment