Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm an Aunt!!!!!!!



I received a phone call at 2 AM on September 7th from my sweet friend Kelley saying that she in labor. Kelley designated Lindsey and I the "waiting room crew!" We felt honored and took our positions in the waiting room with pride!! At 11:55 AM, Jonathan came into the waiting room and said... "she's here and its a girl!" I squealed and went against cultural norms and gave J a great big hug!!

Baby Kiran weighed in at 7lbs and is absolutetly beautiful. Kelley is doing absolutely amazing and looks incredible for all that she went through (all natural birth)!! She's the woman.

We spent all day at the hospital today with the Caskey fam. Kelley and Jonathan are my family here. I know its hard that none of their family is here, yet, so Lindsey and I felt so honored to be there today!! I am an aunt and I couldn't be any MORE EXCITED!!! I am sure there are many more pics to follow of the sweet baby girl!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations Aunt Alicia!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Aunt Alicia....and the parents too! I look forward to seeing her grow up this next year.
Mommie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations to the parents and congratulations to the auntie! :)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

gosh i wish i was there.... miss you guys. kiss kiran's precious little face for me :)