Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Endings #EverydayMay

It is impossible to ignore that today is the last day of May.
And with today, brings an end to both a blogging community AND GodShape small group.
This month had several surprise twists that I was NOT expecting.

One was the joy of the #EverdayMay community. I had no idea how much fun it would be to blog with a complete group of strangers and friends. I have enjoyed seeing glimpses of people hearts and talent portrayed through words and sentences that reveals the many journeys that all of us our on together as Christians. If I was talented enough, which I am not, it would've been really fun to show how all of our posts have really integrated and impacted each other's writings, from bucket lists, to obedience, to action, to just plain sillyness, we have all helped to shape and impact our thought processes. I also enjoyed the times of face to face fellowship, with intellectual banter and laughter in the context of the common unity we have in Christ. I did not anticipate the new friendships that would form and for that I am most truly grateful.

The other was the joy of meeting new people at Sandals. I haven't really ventured too far out of my Sandals small group bubble. I was encouraged to meet other young singles my age and to learn more about the individuals in my small group. I love knowing people and their stories and the way God has uniquely gifted people in the body of Christ.

All to say, this month opened a lot of doors for new friends and new community and it was refreshing! But I hope it the new community and blogging and friendships don't end!

No comments: