Monday, June 13, 2011

Spiritual and Sexy Swag

Becka is my roommate, best friend, soul mate.
Our friendship is more like a sisterhood and there are very few people in life that I love more and would do anything for than this lovely lady. She has been probably the biggest blessings of my 3.5 years here in California.

All this to say, our chapter of life as "roommates" is coming to a close in a little less than a month.

Moment of silence.

But we are hoping to go out with a BOOM BOOM POW and a little Spiritual and Sexy Swag.

What do you mean alicia? So glad you asked! Let me elaborate...

Sexy Swag.
If any of you have met my roommate Becka she has a pretty awesome physique. She has muscles and curves in all the right places. And well... I don't exactly. When we first joined our gym KO, we used to go to the gym and take classes together...all the time. It is one of my favorite memories in our friendship and it kind of speaks her love language. Well I decided to make this a bookend in our friendship. So we (mostly I because she already goes) have a goal to make it to the gym nearly everyday. I am going to dust off my pink boxing gloves and get ready for a [1,2] [1,2] punch. Also, we are going to work on finding a dozen or so really delightfully delicious and not to mention healthy meals to put in our domestic tool belts.

Spiritual Swag.
We have decided to go through the book of Joshua together. We are in love with the Old Testament narrative. This book takes place right before the stubborn and wayward Israelites enter the land the God promised them over and over again. It's the beginning of actually seeing God's stated promises come true a midst their continued disbelief.
Our plan is to discuss our reading while en route to and from the gym. And we are hoping to also spend some time in prayer together. Nothing more powerful than praying with a sister. I realize these are simple spiritual goals. No memorization of books or fasting for days on end, but this is what we need, just some basic disciplined time in the Word. I personally have been a little spiritually anorexic and needing to beef up a little, okay a lot.

So here's to summer swag with my bestie. Feel free to ask us about our swag when you see us! There is nothing like some good community accountability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excited to see how this plays out...