
I have had a lot of people recently ask me about my housing situation in Houston.
After visiting Texas in March, I felt strongly that I was suppose to live with a family when I moved to Houston.
This conclusion is based mostly on my current financial situation. Losing a job and collecting on unemployment this past year doesn't exactly make a recipe for making bank. Because I have been traveling the country for the past 6 years, I own nothing. I MEAN NOTHING. So signing a lease, making down payments, buying furniture, finding a location, and roommates, were just several things that seemed less than ideal for my situation. I have also recently come out of credit card debt (yes!) and I really need to start making some moves towards financial freedom. I would also like to work towards one of those things called...oh yes... a savings account. I am in my late twenties and I don't see a joint income coming anytime soon. So really living with a family just seemed like a wise financial move.
So within the next month, to my pure surprise, I got an email from a family offering me a room and a place to live! It was such a beautiful sign of God's provision. And it was such an answer to prayer! I love how God impresses things on our hearts for a reason.
All this to say, I will be living with Corey and Andy and their 2 year old son and chocolate lab. They are a couple that is helping build our church plant and I also went to college and church with this lovely couple. The funny thing is we weren't really friends. I found this picture of us in Honduras. Is is sad that I didn't even know we went to Honduras together?! They were the "cool kids" back then and I was shy and insecure and not so cool kid. Oh how we all change!
So anyways, life will be really different for me in a short month as I leave the independence of my own home and take a new journey of literally living in community with another family! I feel like this is backwards. Most people my age would be established, have their own place, and maybe at least own a bed. God's faithful provision is a little counter cultural but I am thankful I get to be under his umbrella of provision as I seek Him.

*There are actually 4 people from our church plant in this picture in Honduras! You never know how God brings people and relationships back together!
2 comments:
Um, that is pretty much the coolest that there are 4 of us in that one picture. Did I mention that the couple we were with today was from there? And the Munozes, also part of BCF, were also with us and we have been to Honduras with them too. Pretty fun!
Very excited for you! Paul and I are also moving in with another couple when we first move to germany, I am very excited to see what God is going to do in our lives as we're living on top of one another!
Post a Comment