A group of students and I went out to dinner tonight and TWO OF THEM HAD NEVER EATEN CHICK-FIL-A! Gasp. So it was settled then and there that Chick-fil-A was where we were going. I felt so proud to share such a joy of mine. California hasn't quite caught on to this land of cows, "my pleasure", ice dreams, sweet tea, and waffle fries, but my friends, tonight I help bridge that gap. It was a beautiful warm fuzzy feeling to share my Texas love with my new California friends!! God bless Texas and God bless Chick-fil-A!!
Friday, December 14, 2007
A Little Bit of Texas in California
I have spent the last 10 weeks experiencing Californian things as a Texan. But tonight the roles were definitely reversed! Just to remind you Southerners out there, BUT Chick-fil-A is totally something of the south. The west has just recently in the past couple of years been given the amazing gift of Chick-fil-A. However, I feel like they don't yet appreciate it's true value.
A group of students and I went out to dinner tonight and TWO OF THEM HAD NEVER EATEN CHICK-FIL-A! Gasp. So it was settled then and there that Chick-fil-A was where we were going. I felt so proud to share such a joy of mine. California hasn't quite caught on to this land of cows, "my pleasure", ice dreams, sweet tea, and waffle fries, but my friends, tonight I help bridge that gap. It was a beautiful warm fuzzy feeling to share my Texas love with my new California friends!! God bless Texas and God bless Chick-fil-A!!
A group of students and I went out to dinner tonight and TWO OF THEM HAD NEVER EATEN CHICK-FIL-A! Gasp. So it was settled then and there that Chick-fil-A was where we were going. I felt so proud to share such a joy of mine. California hasn't quite caught on to this land of cows, "my pleasure", ice dreams, sweet tea, and waffle fries, but my friends, tonight I help bridge that gap. It was a beautiful warm fuzzy feeling to share my Texas love with my new California friends!! God bless Texas and God bless Chick-fil-A!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a good picture, and that guy must be a stud.
You are so funny.
I was craving CFA french fries yesterday so I went through the drive thru to get them- twice. Actually I made my mom go through the second time so they wouldn't recognize me- Hey weren't you just here 20 minutes ago ordering another large fry???
So Alicia, I have to ask you something about your SoCal Chick-Fil-A experience.
Having lived all of my life in the Upper Midwest and/or Southern California, I have never eaten at a CFA outside of the Atlanta airport. So I don't have a wealth of information to go on here. But I do know one of the great blessings of CFA is the sweet tea.
One of my friends who lives in San Diego but grew up in Tennessee reported that the CFA's in SoCal have changed the sweet tea recipe because they were getting complaints from the healthy Californians that the tea was sweet to the point of nauseating. So CFA had to reduce the sugar by half. Did you hear that?
I must tell you that there are many Okies that DO NOT appreciate Chick the way that we do. You would not believe the number of students that I have had over the past year and a half that have told me they HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE! My heart was broken for them. On the first day of school I shared several things from a brown lunch sack that are my favorite things...the goal was for them to do the same the next day. I had a bumper sticker that said, "I Love Chick-Fil-A." It was at this point that many said that they had never been. WHAT??? And to top it off, they try to convince me that Taco Bueno is better. WHAT..again??? No wonder we call them Okies! I think I'll go get some nuggets right now to compensate for this absurdity!!! :-)
On a side note, I have a cute hat similar to that. It is the best excuse not to fix my hair that I have ever come up with, and I get so many compliments on it. Isn't it wonderful? Where were these during college for our 8:00 am classes? So cute! Love it!
Ya'll talking about chick-fil-a has filled my love tank to overflowing!!
K- i am glad you got your mom to go because yes...that would be embarassing....
Kelly @ love well....um. I havne't heard that but i think their sweet tea tastes pretty much the same. So I don't think that's true. Wierd californians...trying to change the sweet tea recipe!!
Hannah- First of all..totally agree with you on the hat...i didn't want to take a shower and fix the hair so i wore it and got lots of compliments...which means i am choosing laziness so many more times this next year AND okies are crazy...just like californians...ha ha...Like I said..God bless TEXAS and God bless Chick-fil-a!!
Carson- you are a stud!
And God bless us everyone! :)
Do I dare admit here in this CFA crazed forum that I actually don't like it? Very un-Texan of me, wouldn't you say? I'll just go ahead and confess I also don't like sweet tea or Whataburger either. Wow it feels good to get that off my chest. ;)
I love this Chickfila blog. We need to start some kind of support group and let me just say, WOW to e-rob. You are a brave one! Do you not want to live to see tomorrow?!
And Kelley I totally relate with your experience. Sometimes I am embarrassed to go through the line. I know they know who I am. They probably have my usual punched in before I even order.
Long live Chickfila because what would we do without it?!!!
A huge "gasp" is right. Your poor friends that have been so deprived. It's a good thing you are there.
Post a Comment