Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Blast from the Past

Today I had the "Rehrer" PRIVILEGE of spending time with my dear friend Matt Rehrer. Matt and I have been friends for about a decade now. Matt and I had the joy of sweating our summers out with inner-city peeps in our high school summers AND we traveled over the seas to the country of Moldova together! Matt has always been such a faithful and good friend over the years. I am also proud of him because he just completed 4 years of med school!! That's actually why he was here in California...he was interviewing with schools for his residency. We happened to get in touch via phone just before he passed CBU! So he just stopped in for a couple hours!! I thought I would snap a photo of him while he was in my cottage! The last time I saw him was with his wife, in Houston, right before I left for India.

As many of you know, I am loyal to the core. The older I get and the more I move around, the more I cherish and appreciate time with good friends....even if it is for a couple hours. The Lord has been really faithful to bring close friends to me...

Let me show you what I mean...
  • I saw Kelly, my accountability partner in India, in South Carolina in September!!
  • My college best friend Sarah was in Anaheim for a work conference (just about 1 hour away)!
  • I went to College Station for a missions conference and saw another college best friend Ashley!!
  • Another college best friend Alison was in San Diego for Thanksgiving!
  • Then in January my India best friends are coming to see me... Jules and Lindsey!!
  • And God moved me where my Dad's sister and my cousins are only a couple hours away!!

This has all happened since September!! I feel like God fills my love tank every time he brings a sweet friend my way!!

2 comments:

Kelley C said...

Aw you girls are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!

I love you and I miss you. When will I see you again (channeling my best The Three Degrees for you!)????

the Rehrers said...

SO glad you and Matt got to hang out and catch up!! I know he really enjoyed seeing your pictures and catching up! Thanks for the picture of my hubby!:) Who knows, maybe we'll end up out there!:)