So...I am writing this post with the purpose of DIALOGUE. What are your thoughts on e-harmony? What do you think of those who sign up? Good idea? Bad idea? Desperate? A good networking place? I would love to hear your thoughts on the topic!! Seriously...write a big fatty comment about it.
If you are married or have a significant other...put yourself in a context of a single girl or guy that is in a stage of life to get married but having a difficult time meeting people.....
Comment away my friends....
8 comments:
I know someone who met her husband that way. But I also know several people who have tried it without as much success.
If I were said single girl, I would try it. I don't think it's desperate at all; it's just another way of meeting people that has evolved with the technology revolution. Perfectly normal, I say.
There's my 2 cents.
That is an interesting question. I might have been more negative about it a few years ago, but our "social networking" is so centered on the Internet these days that it doesn't seem weird anymore. I think if someone is wise, cautious and prayerful, and if they go into it with the same standards they'd have when dating any other way, it's not a big deal. Maybe? I don't know.
My brother met his future wife in an Internet chat room. (Score one for online dating.) But they didn't really decide to meet up until it was determined that they had gone to Cedarville together without ever running into each other on campus. (Score one for real-life connections.)
I think their story is a great one to show the pros and cons of services like eHarmony. These days, the Internet is just another way to meet people and connect (as Amanda already pointed out). I think the harder questions come when you find someone you might be interested in getting to know more. That's where God's wisdom is vital.
great dialogue ladies. keep it coming friends. Any men out there have something to say about the topic?
Kelly @ love well...you make a great point...the means doesn't matter as much but there are still lots of prayers and wisdom that come into it all.
There's an ISC couple here in the Capital that met online - I think it was with e-harmony :) Why not? :)
One of my roommates from college met and married a man from an online dating service. I don't remember which one. And they are very happy!! I think as long as you are careful (which obviously I know you will be) I think it could be a good thing.
Ever since I heard about matt and tiffany meeting that way, I've TOTALLY considered it! :) I still think it would be kind of funny in a way, but hey, I think it is becoming more and more normal so I certainly wouldn't judge anyone for doing it. Actually if it works out well for you, I'd probably sign up in a heartbeat! Love you Alicia! We should talk for real sometime...
I've tried it. I know, everyone else is talking about someone else they know trying it, but I will put myself out there. :) I've met a really great guy that I've spent the last year getting to know even more! I also met some people that seemed really nice, but weren't really for me. You have to be completely honest and make sure you keep God in it! Good luck!
Post a Comment