I have been reflecting a lot this year about the birth of Jesus. What is the significance of this little baby entering the world? I have been reading recently in the book of Isaiah and reading what Isaiah had to say about this "baby". It says that this baby will be a "Light to the nations." Jesus will be a light to the nations!! I have been meditating on this phrase all week.
As many of you know, I spent the last two Christmases in India. A nation where the foretold birth and person of Jesus is unknown. A nation that at one time was not apart of the Old Covenant promise. But because of the birth, life, and death of our suffering servant Jesus, India is now under the covenant of his blood!
Listen to what Isaiah says,
"I will also bless the foreigners who commit themselves to the Lord, who serve him and love his name, who worship him and do not desecrate the Sabbath day of rest, and who hold fast to my covenant. I will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer. I will accept their burnt offerings and sacrifices because my Temple will be called a house of prayer FOR ALL NATIONS. For the Sovereign Lord, who brings back the outcasts of Israel says, "I will bring others, too, besides my people Israel."
This time of year, I haven't been able to get the nation of India out of my mind and heart. They have been on my mind and heart because they don't even know the name of Jesus to know that he is the one who brings Good News, the one who brings Peace, and the one who brings Salvation. They don't know that the Unconditional covenant love of Jesus is for them.
I long to be in India this Christmas season. The last two years, I got to share the significance of this virgin birth to a nation has never heard the story of Jesus' birth. I would ask you to please pray for the nations...especially India this Christmas season. Pray that they would understand the covenant love of Jesus and the significance of His death for them. Pray for the workers all over the nations that they would boldly tell of JESUS...THE LIGHT TO ALL NATIONS this Christmas season.
2 comments:
Alicia, I love your heart! I love that God has given you a passion for this nation. We are blessed by your reminder to remember how incredible it is that we know the Jesus that is being celebrated this season. How sad that we are often so caught up in so many things that we forget what we are even celebrating. Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!
what an awesome, appropriate reminder. thank you alicia.
india is near to dave's heart too, as you know. i prayed for the people there tonight, and know that it is God's heart that your post reflects.
Post a Comment