Thursday, August 17, 2006

Try to guess my love language!! fun fun

While I was in Thailand, I got to hear Gary Chapman (the author of "The Five Love Languages") speak. He spoke to a room of about 50 singles about the five basic love languages...

  • words of affirmation
  • quality time
  • gifts
  • acts of service
  • physical touch

When we left he gave us the book "Five Love Languages for Singles" finished it today :)

Each of us usually speaks one of these language fluently and naturally. Typically the way you give love is also the way you feel loved. If someone does not show you love in your love language, you usually feel as though your 'love tank' is empty and you do not 'feel' loved. However, if someone is speaking your love langauge then your 'love tank' is filled to overflowing and you experience the emotionally feeling of being loved!

My roomate and I think everyone should read this book! Especially the male species, but in all seriousness I read one for Singles. It's true that everyone desires to love and be loved. This plays out in your relationships with parents, siblings, roommates, co-workers, and spouses!! So go out and purchase that book and discover your love language.

Let's have some fun....

Try to guess what my two primary love languages are?!! I EXPECT YOUR COMMENTS with your guess. Just click the bottom of this blog that says comments. The more people that participate the funner it will be!!! oh and tell ME what YOUR love language is!! this is even more fun!

5 comments:

Craig & Cindy said...

Your primary love lanugage is....words of affirmation! The notes and physical words of encouragement have blessed me as well as many others. You seem to have a really great gift with your works.

The distant second (only because the other is so strong) love language would be "acts of service" There are so many times you want to see others blessed and cared for.

Anonymous said...

i would say words of affirmation as well...and the second? gosh...i'd say it's a tie between quality time and acts of service. whatever they are you use them well! you are just awesome!!
:) linds

Anonymous said...

word of affirmation

Amber said...

Hey...

You know what I think...

Maybe I need to read the book, but I would say that one of yours would be quality time.

Kelley C said...

I didn't comment because I already know your love language- its the same as mine! I didn't think that would be very fair.