Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What I have been Up To

First of all, I feel like I should apologize for my lack of blogging. It's not that I haven't thought of you guys, but I just haven't been taking pictures and I am not sure how to express all that is going on here in my life and in my heart. My transition has been fun and amazing and I really feel like I am fitting in well here...however, I would be lieing if I wasn't struggling with culture shock and life in America. So here is some idea of "the what" I have been doing....



1. Last week was ash week...thanks to the Santa Anna winds and the dry weather conditions, Southern California was up in flames. I was pretty much surrounded by fires all around which created an off week for everyone. The air was soo smokey and most activities were canceled outside due to the poor air quality. But I am thankful that we were not one of the million that had to be evacuated. I am more convinced that it doesn't matter where you live...America or overseas...natural disaster and things will always find you.

2. I went to my first hockey game. It is a little unfortunate that my first game was to go and support a Cali team...the LA Kings to be specific... I would've much rather it have been a Texas team...like the Dallas Starts. The Kings did win...4 to 1.

3. I have been meeting lots and lots and lots of people. I think this weekend, I kind of hit my limit of meeting people and introducing myself. I have had lots of coffee dates with students who are interested in going overseas. Yay!

4. I worked at the Kaleo Conference which was hosted by CBU and put on by the North American Mission Board. I was able to dialogue and meet a lot of students.

5. I have sent lots of email trying to make networks with Baptists here in California...which I would say hasn't been too successful.

6. I spoke at my first Sunday night service in Hemet, California. Lovely little baptist church it was.

Well...I hope this gives you a better idea of what I have been up to. I took some pics today of my office and other co-workers. I will try post more pics soon. I am really trying to get better at this!

Love you guys!

4 comments:

Emily said...

#1. James and I have been wondering about you with all the fire news coverage. Glad to hear you're okay!
#5. Sad. But hopefully with networkers and mobilizers like you, our fine people catch the vision! :)

Anonymous said...

I love you, and I'm glad to see you are alive and kickin'! Let's talk soon!

Lady A said...

A- An amazing girl
L- Lover of all things surfer-esque
I- India girl before
C- Cali girl now
I- Incredible friend
A- Apes loves her a lot

julie said...

i'm sad that my blog has been cut from your links.