Monday, October 01, 2007

California Bound....

I returned back to San Antonio this afternoon after spending the past 4 days debriefing my time in India in Richmond, Virginia. There were about 55 of us (some new friends, some familiar friends, and of course my India family) from all over the world who came together to fellowship, debrief, share stories, and try to understand our time overseas. The best part for me personally was the fellowship... (shocking i know).

I will have to say that today has been a pretty emotional day. I got on the plane today and felt so sad. It was the same feeling I had when I drove my car off campus from DBU for the very last time...ending my college career. The only difference this time was that I was on a plane full of other passengers and I couldn't let my tears flow in the way I wanted to. Man, it's so hard to say goodbye to such an amazing season in life. So hard. I am no longer a journeyman and I honestly don't know when I will see my India family again. (maybe future weddings?)

As one door is closed today, I will walk through a new door tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will be driving to my new home, ministry, life, community, and culture in Riverside, California. I couldn't be more excited about this new, fresh and completely God orchestrated season in my life. But I would also be honest and say that this transition is a little rough. So if you would please pray for me, I would give you a huge hug and huge word of thanks!!

Please pray for:
Safety travel the next couple of days
Transition to a new job, school, community, and church
Discipline in schedules, health, time in the Word, and time in prayer
A new passion and vision for my students in Southern California
For the leadership of the Holy Spirit


Some of my best friends that I met along this journey...sisters really.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Glad for the update, I was just wondering what you were up to last night. I hardly recognize you and Lindsey in that picture, what with your hair down and makeup on!! You both look pretty hot ;) I'll be praying for you the next few days! Love and miss you.

Marc and Charity said...

Hi, you don't know me but I found your blog through Amanda at Baby Bangs. We are serving in Wales, with the IMB, and I know the girl standing behind you...Heather Craig. I miss her and hope she's doing ok! :)

I'm enjoying your blog, mainly b/c I can relate. You were also at your AGM with some dear, dear friends of mine. Well, only the hubby actually, she was in Thailand about to give birth. :)

Emily said...

Aw that looks so fun! I miss y'all.
And look at all of y'all bundled up in sweaters. That AC must be getting to all y'all South Asian folks. :)

Anonymous said...

that made me sad, and gave me chills... i know how you feel, that weird transition is ...bittersweet.
i'm super excited to see you tomorrow! i love you!

Emily said...

wow, I completely understand that feeling of returning to the other life but the other life has completely changed and it's so bittersweet...at least that's kind of how I see it right now. Saying goodbye to the farm and all that means definitely makes the tears well up a bit. I'm super excited for what you have ahead in Cali though...it's gonna be awesome! And we WILL see each other soon somehow. Love you!

Anonymous said...

wow I got all teary eyed

Anonymous said...

Alicia...again with the weirdness of knowing that you are in America and still not calling you enough. I just can't get used to it! I hate that sad, "It's over" feeling. Girl, you know how I feel about those life changes. You are definitely in my prayers! I love you! You're amazing!

Janelle and Ella said...

This post made me tear up a bit. I totally know that feeling of goodbye. I had the same emotion breakdown my last day at DBU also. I know this is so hard for you.
I can not wait though to hear about how exciting living in California is and see pictures and all that!!

Amber said...

Hey Sis.

Good update and I appreciate the prayer list and your transparency.

Also, the new theme is great. A good theme for you and this season of your life.

What do say...I love you. Miss you. Am praying for you.

Kelley C said...

I'm so glad we got to share the season of life that was India for us. I can't wait to come visit you in your new season....Sunny Socal!