I would like to apologize for my lack of blogging. Sorry faithful readers. I really enjoy blogging in "the moment" and it seems like "the moment" came and then went before I got a chance to sit down and blog. What to do....? I can't ignore the blog feelings any longer! So here I go.....
Yesterday, I finally got my first full paycheck for my new job. Let me just say that it was slightly disappointing. It was about $50 less than I thought it would be and let me just say with how little I am making...that $50 was pretty important. I began to kind of slightly freak out and panic and this overwhelming amount of stress came over me. Then I felt the Holy Spirit very sweetly say to me... "Alicia I called you to this job and I know exactly how much you make and I am not concerned about it... you need to trust me." After that, He gave me peace and I was fine and just really understood that He was worthy of my trust.
Today, I was sharing with a friend my financial struggle and what the Holy Spirit spoke to me. In the same breath of that conversation, I got a text message from a friend asking me if I was interested in babysitting weekly for an extra $30 a week!
Sometimes the Holy Spirit is really romantic. What I mean by that is He knows my deepest desires and my concerns and seems to always find ways to remind me that He knows them and that He's got my back. He is soo sweet to love us and to show it in the most unique ways.
I feel this is just one of so many small testimonies of how God has showed me his faithfulness to me in this new transition. I freak out about something and the Holy Spirit combats it with something small and thoughtful. He's got my back.
I have never been so confident in my calling to be in a place as I do here in Southern California right now! Hmm...I wonder what God has for me here....
1 comment:
Awesome! He really is a romantic God, isn't he?
Thanks for posting pictures, too.
Post a Comment