After this, Lindsey and I hopped over to the American embassy to watch Jeremy (a kid on our team) play baseball at his tournament.
Lindsey and I have really come to enjoy the baseball field. I mean you can't get any more American than a baseball game...? Oh! And they had Dr. Pepper again!! Sweetness.
After the game, Lindsey and I headed off to Michelle's house for our single girls Christmas party. Someone brilliantly decided that we should have soup to counterbalance the large amounts of sweet that we would want to consume. Sadly enough, we are all not used to sweets so we barely touched them. But the peanut butter fudge, oatmeal cream pies, gingerbread cookies, and magic bars were DE-Lish!!
Now there isn't a Christmas party without some type of gift exchange. In the winter, Indian women wear shawls (like in our pic) not jackets. So we decided to have a shawl gift exchange. We kind of felt like old women, but in India it works and was a brilliant idea! So here we are with all our shawls. Aren't they bea U tiful?
I never drank Applee Cider or Wassle in the states at Christmas but supposedly its a huge tradition. Who knew? So Karen made some for us... it was pretty good, but very very sweet.
Lindsey- Manhattan NY Barbie
Me- Confident College Barbie
Karen- After Work Party Barbie
Mandy- Urban Barbie
Lindsey- Gap Barbie
Today (Sunday) I attended my first Christmas program. Mandy was suppose to sing a solo so we all came out to support her. There was lots of dancing, drama, singing, preaching, and hip hop dancing!
Oh! And today I got my first Christmas card. Thanks Tammie. My Christmas survival package from my awesome sister Shannon should be delivered by Santa aka FedEx man Tomorrow!!!
Much more celebrating to come!!
3 comments:
This is my favorite post yet, Alicia! Look at you sassy women in your shawls sipping cider.
You all look like you are having great fun! You make things here look like they are quite boring. :)
Confident College Barbie - I love it! The shawl exchange was a great idea. Um, you're getting a card from me but it will probably be late since I ordered them last minute. Leave it to me to do everything late!
Post a Comment