Take a look at the American Embassy American Woman's Softball League CHAMPS!!
This past Sunday, we competed in our last game which was a tournament. The high school "Lindsey Lohan" team actually won the tournament, but we tied for second place!!
We were the Nirmwal Vijay Jewellers. This final score of the tournament game on Sunday. I accidentally smuggled my camera in!! I was really excited. Yay for pics!
I never actually shared with you why I decided to join the softball team. Since moving to India, the Lord shed a light on a lie that I have believed my entire life. The lie that if I wasn't perfect at something that I shouldn't even try it. I have spent my life being afraid to do certain things because I was afraid of disappointing other people or failing. Therefore, I really feel like I have missed out on all that God has for me sometimes. It makes me sometimes not want to try new things. When I finally discovered this, I felt a sense of freedom to know that I no longer had to live this lie. I have never played softball for a league before because I thought I would disappoint my team. But honestly, I love sports and have decent athletic ability. So I joined the team basically to spite the enemy and to remind myself that I don't have to be perfect.
This also has great parallel to my time here in India. It seems like every day here I fail. I am by no means perfect at my job here and really have wrestled with God wondering sometimes why he chose me of all people to be here. I mean there has to be someone more qualified? But I know that the Lord desires to use me with all my imperfections, failures, short comings, and disappointments. He just wants hearts and lives that are willing to be used for HIM.
I am even more determined to try new things...even if I suck at them. I am at least going to try and see the Lord work through my inadequacies. I had a lot of fun playing softball and I proved that I wasn't half bad!!
I am honestly really sad that the season is over. I don't know if I will ever see these woman again. We had a lot of fun together. But the best part to the end of the season was that Lindsey and I got to eat at the American Embassy Restaurant and we ordered BEEF hamburgers!! Can I just say that it was amazing!! What a great end to the season!!
Yum...BEEF.

4 comments:
You go girl!!!!!! So glad for your accomplishments...in your wins and in your confidences.
What?!?! You ate the forbidden meat?!?
You did make a great catch a few weeks ago.
Way to Go!! I really liked this entry! Love ya!
Yay! Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful when we can try new things without fearing failure! I still struggle with this at times. I hope you are doing well and not feeling too homesick!
Post a Comment