
Ok...so maybe you thought I was going to put a picture of an Indian...oh no...its my AC. I think that this just might be my summer fling! I mean... I think I'm in love!
My city is hoT (notice the capital "T"). Today was my first real adventure in the heat. So far my work has allowed me to stay in and beat the heat. Today, however, my roommate and I wanted to run some errands that put us in the heat all day long. I will think twice before doing this again. When I finally reached home at about 3:30 my back side was completely SOAKED. Sick.
The tempature today got to be 114 degrees Farenheit. My roommate and I have been trying to come up with funny scenarios of what the heat is like. These are our top two favorites.
- 1. You feel like you are in a blow dryer. The wind if there is any is just plain scorching hot and very dry.
- 2. You feel like you are inside of an exhaust pipe with no where to go. My city was so poluted today you couldn't even see the skyline. So mix the intense heat and the pollution...you have an exhaust pipe!
My city has also been experiencing major power shortages. On the front page of the newspaper it said "All Light will be out by 7:30" Supposedly the government issued that all markets and malls be closed by 7:30 PM. This didn't gain to much popularity with the buisness men...I am curious to see what will happen in the next weeks. Today, the markets still seemed to be open. Time will tell.
The Spurs won!! So they will be going on to round two of the NBA Championship! This is an important round. They will be playing the Dallas Mavericks...the Texas rivals. Can't wait to see what happens!!!
6 comments:
hahaaha! I totally feel ya!! Our place is sooooo hot!! Adam was dipping a carrot in his peanut butter the other day and the peanut butter just melted off the carrot!! Our toothpaste is liquid!! Ha haha! Our AC has been broken for the last 2 months, so we spend a lot of time in AC stores :) haha ;) Awesome - the fun of heat!!
Any update on the plane tickets??
so, why don't we ever comment on each other's blogs? anyway, it's cold and rainy here. i can't imagine what your city will feel like when we go in a couple weeks. but i would endure the most scorching heat in the world just to see you!
It's not a Friedrich?!? :)
Oh the wonderful AC! I think that thing savevd us those last couple of days! I can't believe it is 114 already! I miss you so much! My heart hurts when I think of you guys. Could you give Mona and Erica and Jhuma the biggest hugs ever? Tell them I miss them so much! I need Mona's email...I never got it from her. Anyway, I love you so much! I wish I could just be there! I'm having a tough time...but all is good. Miss you so much.
All for HIS glory,
lindsey
My poor sister. I'm sorry you are in such nastiness. I'll think twice before complaining about the heat here.
No airconditioner...sorry, but you won't enjoy it in Korea either...but then I think it just gets into the 100's here and not the 114's...so my place might feel like it has AC. I feel your pain!
Post a Comment