So yesterday I came to the realization that I am in Culture Shock. My roommate likes to call it a "cultural slump". So what exactly is a cultural slump...per se? In laymans terms...I just don't care much for the culture right now. This is actually incrediby normal right at 6 months...they warned about this...but now its here. bummer. But I don't think it will last long. Admitting you have a problem is the first step...right?
Impulsive Piercing-
So, I went to the market today to buy another nose ring. ( I am constantly loosing them somehow). Out of pure curiosity and a hidden secret desire I asked how much it would cost to get my cartilage pierced. He said 120 Rupees ($3.00). So I said maybe some other time just asking. Before I know it, my roommate is saying get it and the sales guy is about to pierce my ear. I left the shop with my ear pierced...crazy? Completely impulsive...i didn't have more than 60 seconds of asking and me getting it peirced!!

STD's-
There was confusion at the airport tonight picking up one of the volunteers and the solution was an STD....actually multiple STD's. Just kidding. An STD is a telephone booth where you make local calls. They just happen to call it an STD booth...I know...funny for us Americans. We used the booth to find out where our volunteer was...come to find out...3 hours later that her flight comes in tomorrow...oops.
By the ways....Spurs won first game...lost the second. Stay tuned. GO SPURS GO
2 comments:
spurs shmers... i miss you . i wish i could have compulsively pierced something with you...
So...once I found the little earing in your cartilage, I wonder why it took me a few days a few days to actually see the new piercing. It was like "Where's Waldo". The other earring stood out too much. No more cute earings in the lower lobe..its distracting...or better yet get a hideous one for the top, then I might see it! Maybe I will have to get some piercing this summer.
Post a Comment