Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A ME update

It has been over a week since I have posted. I have thought about blogging several times, but honestly there is nothing exciting happening around here worth blogging. In fact, I haven't even taken a picture in the whole month of May! Sorry. So this is what I have been up to.

Prison Break. One simple joy I have discovered in my time in India is TV series! I never had time to watch TV in college- so I guess I am making up for lost time. I don't just like watching TV- let me clarify. I like watching TV in WHOLE seasons. The first experience I had with this was Alias my first few weeks in India. The last season had come out right before we moved to India so one of my first memories with my now best friends here is watching Alias together! The second addiction came with Grey's Anatomy. We watched season one all the way through to where it is currently. (just for a side note- I am very disappointed in Grey's season 3...what are they doing?). And the past two weeks, I have found my new obsession... Prison Break! I watched all 44 episodes of Season 1 and 2 in about 1.5 weeks, and man it is good stuff!! I can't seem to get it out of my mind!! I can NOT wait for season 3..it has me hooked. Ask Lindsey and Laura...I can't stop talking about Michael Scofield and Sara Tencredi!! You should get addicted too!! Oh and me and the roomies watched all of the current season of 24 in one weekend!! Tomorrow is our 24 night!! I can't wait.

Working out and Sandals Podcast. The past two weeks, I have returned to my Nemesis- the treadmill. BUT I have been deploying my hatred for the treadmill by listening to the Sandals Podcast. Sandals is the church that our California team was from and their pastor is doing an awesome series called Inked. The series is on Holiness and it's kicking my butt!! I would HIGHLY recommend it!! You can go to their website and find the link for the podcast. GO there now and listen! It's sooooo good and convicting (just a warning).

Swimming and Spidey. Last weekend, we babysat for a family so that the parents could go on an anniversary get away to the beach. So Lindsey and I rewarded ourselves yesterday by RELAXING. We went to a luxury hotel and paid 350 rps to swim at their pool! It was amazing to lay out by the pool, in the sun, with my i-pod and my fun magazines! I felt like I wasn't even in India. Then we met some friends for dinner at KFC and saw Spiderman 3!! It was a great movie. In case you didn't know this- I am a huge Spiderman fan...so yeah I was pretty happy!

Existing. Things here are SLOW. It is actually really nice (hence the time for Prison break and swimming). I really only teaching English and am doing a few trainings here and there. So really things will just be this slow till I leave for Thailand and Bali late June. It has been really nice, but at the same time, I kind of feel like I am just existing. I am in-between seasons. The in between stage is honestly a weird place to be and I have a love/hate relationship with it. My time in India is ENDING but my future is so unknown and there is NOTHING i can do to figure out what's next... so yeah...right now... I am just existing.

Grown-up. So I have come to realize that in about 2 months I actually have to decide what I want to do when I grow up. My 24th birthday is approaching- so I guess it's time! So this is where you come in.... What should Alicia be when she grows up? Where should she live and what should she do?! I really have NO attachments...so all things are possible. Have fun with it. I EXPECT your comments. Seriously. This would be a great time for those of you who look at my blog and NEVER comment...yes...I know who you are! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you could be most anything you want after spending 2 years in India. A monkey trainer, a camel cart driver, a cook, an English teacher or just a critic for TV shows. You and Lindsey seem to be really good at watching them. HA!

Shannon said...

that's really funny lindsey'd mom. very well put.

Kelli said...

I hopped over here from a blog then a blog then a blog... you know how it goes! And girl, all I can say is that God has BIG plans for you! You are doing such amazing things! But I think you should seriously think about the monkey trainer... :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I"ve only watched season one of prison break (I'm waiting for season 2 to download...) Don't ruin it for me!!

Monkey trainer sounds awesome :)

Alicia said...

Mrs. Sellers- YOU are hillarious. I am not sure how marketable camel cart driving and monkey trainers are in the states...and thanks for the new comment! It's nice to know who my readers are...thanks breathing His joy for the encouragement....keep the comments rolling.

Emily said...

Well I still think you should be my future sis-in-law. You know, to my bro-in-law that I'm not allowed to compare to anyone. ;) But I won't hog you. :)

Anonymous said...

What about babysitter extraordinaire?

-kiran's mom

Janelle and Ella said...

Did you know that they have filmed several episodes of Prison Break in a house on Main street right across from the church?! We go down there and watch. They also filmed a scene in our church kitchen! Isn't that so cool?

Alicia said...

Janelle..are you serious?! So Wentworth Miller has been in our church?!! HE is like my new obsession... My roomies and I like to call him Mc Gazey because of his amazing eyes. I would love to stalk him with you sometime when I get back to America ... ha ha. I am guessing it was season two. Was our kitchen the scene with the President? I want details!!

merritt said...

I think you should move over to the East Coast; NC, SC, or VA. It's the place to be.

Plus, you can brag to people over on that side of the country about how you are a Texan and Texas is so great!

Lady A said...

you and McSellers could work at a McDonalds & earn some McDough to support your true McPassion.... becoming a Monkey McTrainer for McGazey on next season's show - but don't end up on the wrong set and run into McDreamy... or McSteamy for that matter. they might make you McStumble...
i heart McDivers....

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

April.... seriously? seriously, seriously?

Jonathan said...

Alicia,

Is there anything that you would do 40 hours a week without getting paid for it? (Don't think about rent, food, etc.) That could be something to shoot for - a job that you wake up everyday looking forward to going to.

Anonymous said...

how about wentworth miller's personal assistant?

Anonymous said...

So does that make you "McLusty" ? :)

Anonymous said...

Move to OKKKLLLAAAHHHOOOMMMAAAA, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain, and the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain. Oklahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

Just for the record, I had to look those lyrics up. I AM NOT an OKIE. Don't go there! Also, I don't call Cameron my 'honey lamb' and we have never seen a hawk makin circles in the sky.

Also for the record, we would love to have some MORE Texans. here. They need our help!!!!!!