Sunday, April 22, 2007

Transitioning...

Just for the record this POST is my 200th post!! I have really enjoyed having this blog and using it as kind of an online scrapbook for my time here. Thanks for your faithfulness to read my blog and to comment!! It's always fun to post something and to hear back from you..it's kind of like my reward for posting!! So happy commenting friends.

As the month of May approaches and I have less than two months of actual "work" left my mind has started to transition into America. The California team was the last big thing on my schedule- so once they left and the dust settled my brain started the transition. It's crazy how quick it happens. It's strange how your mind forgets out of necessity. Well this week, I have been remembering so many things about American that I am looking forward to. Here they are....

1. getting to say "I would like a number one combo with no pickles and a large sweet tea"
2. voicemail on your cell phone
3. walking outside and getting into my own vehicle (no bargaining or finding a ride) and DRIVING
4. my mom's home cooking- especially her vegetables- I have been craving her squash...yummy
5. sitting in my dad's office and having our deep religious or philosophical discussions
6. drinking milk from a jug (yummy)
7. wearing shorts and t-shirts and flip flops in PUBLIC
8. strawberry-limeades from Sonic
9. switching radio stations while driving in my car
10. central a/c
11. sitting around the table with my family eating dinner
12. calling my friends on my cell phone with no time difference
13. getting to pet my own cat JOEY again
14. Hugs and kisses from my family!! I get to be touched again!!!


This is such a great picture of HOME...I can't wait. I added a countdown to the right of my blog!! Check it out!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the countdown! (I think I always start my comments with the word YAY.) So, Yippee for the countdown!!! This is what I am looking forward to when you are in America:

1. Seeing you regularly
2. Having some heavy duty girl time
3. You seeing my new life in OK
4. Me seeing your new life in Dallas
5. Possible girl road trips
6. Eating some Chickfila with you
7. Visiting DBU to see all of the changes
8. Calling you whenever I want and not remembering in the midst of the rings that you are asleep
9. Helping you pick out some hot new American clothes
10. Hugging your sweet little neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you girl and know that this is a bittersweet time in your life. Oh how sweet our Jesus has been to share you with the Indians for the past two (Can you believe it?) years! Your rewards will be plentiful in heaven. Praise HIM!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you actually drink milk straight from the jug?

-Kelley

Alicia said...

um..i actually don't drink from the jug...i guess i am just excited about milk coming in a jug. But no...i drink my milk from a glass.