Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Estimated Time of Departure

As of 3:00 PM this afternoon, I have a permanent and official leaving date for India. I will be leaving India on August 5, 2007. This is only 117 short days from today. When I received my final e-ticket and saw that my ticket was purchased I got a knot in my stomach. Part of me is really really excited and part of me is in pure denial. The ticket and the date brings a whole new realm of finality to the fact that my time in India is truly coming to an end.

My days in Delhi recently have been some of my most joyful and peaceful days in Delhi. This place is home now and some days it feels so right just to be here. Naturally however, I am also starting to transition in my mind knowing that this season is soon ending. All good seasons in life are really painful and hard to say goodbye too. The thought of uprooting myself makes me almost sick to my stomach, but I am also excited to see what the next step is. I know that India has prepared me for what comes next which by the way ... no solid plans just ideas and dreams.

Please keep me in mind as I try to live fully in India...and pray for my future as I need a job, car, and a new focus of ministry!!

On my way home, I plan to do a little extra traveling... I will be in South Korea visiting my sister for 15 days and then Southern California visiting friends and family!! So I will leave India- August 5th but won't arrive in Texas until August 29th around midnight!! I am trying to get all my traveling out of my system...cause I won't have so many awesome opportunities in the future!! Can't wait to see some of you on the other side!

4 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

WOW!! 117 days! This two years has flown by for me. Yet so much has changed in both of our lives. How is that possible? I will be praying for your focus and a surge of ministry opportunities in these last days.

Lady A said...

i am so happy.
no i'm really sad.
no i'm happy
no i'm sad...
aghh! i don't know what i am
does this mean i need to call membercare??!
India will be lonely without you alicia!

Murrell Family said...

I will be looking forward to seeing you at the end of August! I'm sure you have lots of people to visit, but I know Irving will be on your list! I am praying that your last 117 days of ministry in India will be fruitful for the kingdom.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

whoa! Are you serious! Has it really been that long already? whoa!!