Saturday, April 14, 2007

California Lovin'

I have been reminded this past week of the effects that living in India has taken on me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I have been challenged and stretched in these three areas more in the past year and a half than I have in my entire life. Because of this stretching and growing- I was dry. God used the Sandals India team to minister and speak into all three of these areas... specifically just for me. Is it possible God sent them here just for me?!?




This is Dave who was also the team leader. Dave is awesome and the only phrase that comes to mind when I think of him is "bad ass". If anyone knows him, I think you will agree. He is the type of man that typifies what God intended real men to be... a little rough on the edges, a man after God's own heart, and a strong sense of justice and doing what's right. God really used Dave in my life this past week. He took time to know me, to listen to me, and meet me where I was. He asked me the hard questions and invested in me. He was also intentional in specifically affirming me and telling me who I was in Jesus and the gifts and talents that he saw in me this week. I feel encouraged and affirmed ( my love language) so I feel so overwhelmed with God's love. God used Dave as an instrument to bless me and speak to me. I also got to hear about his amazing wife Dawn and their three kids. I can't wait to meet them in four months. Oh and Dave thanks for your explanation on "hips don't lie" I now know all my options.


Some of the other girls that I fell in love with!
The boys saying goodbye...

My roomies....

Kim is the type of friend that we could not talk for a year and pick up right where we left off. I realized after her being here...that I really needed a friend. I am blessed with amazing friendships here, but Kim's friendship just ministers to me in a unique way- and I just needed her. The Lord knew that. I know that the Lord has been incredibly intentional in placing her in my life...I just feel like he is going to allow us to be a part of each other's life for a long time.

If you can't tell...I am revived!! My cup is overflowing. My house seems really empty right now, but I am thankful for the time I had to latch arms with people I had never met before and love them and have them love me. The community that we have among believers is priceless. What a sweet God we have that He knows what we need and generously gives to us!!

On my way back home, I am going to stop and visit Kim and Derek (her soon to be hubs) and Coop in Riverside. I look forward to seeing the Sandals Team India on August 26th!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

My Dearest Sug,
I think it is so cool that God brings to us who we need right when we need it, even if we don't know what we need. I agree that the Californians were amazing!

Anonymous said...

alicia,
you are such a blessing! part of what the team wanted to do was to be a blessing to you, and it sounds like God provided just what you needed.

thank you for your accurate assessment ("bad ass") and kind words about dave... if his wisecrack about "hips don't lie" was mean in any way, i'll punch him for you. oh wait, kim already did that.

can't wait to meet you. dave says you are remarkable.

julie said...

someone has a hot new hairstyle!

AKat said...

cute, cute, cute

Emily said...

I agree with Julie. You are smokin'! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Jesus! I love that He brings what we need at just the right moment. Praise Him! He makes me want to shout, (I think I might) "Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!" Remember that song?

Also just thinking how amazing He is that He knows that we, the female gender, need special kinds of specific friends...in ways that boys just don't understand. Not only does He know this, He provides accordingly. He's just incredible. (I'm shouting again!)