Thursday, November 30, 2006

Community & Happy December

The week of Thanksgiving, I was out of town at a training and didn't really get a chance to think about what I was truly thankful for. But since Thanksgiving, I have had time to think and I have decided that what I am most thankful for are relationships. If anyone knows me well- you know that I am a relational person. It is who I am. I am a loyal- I can't help it.

In the month of November, the idea of community has been on my heart. Not sure why- but I can't seem to stop thinking about the beauty of community- especially among the people of God. I love my independence along with millions of other Americans. I think this is why deep and genuine community is becoming extinct. Community to me is one of the most crucial elements of the authenticity of Jesus followers. After the coming of the Holy Spirit- the first believers exemplified True community- it was inspiring.

I am thankful for the community that exists for me both here in India and in Texas. I have such a great community of Indians here that I love and I call family along with several Americans, but here are some specifics....


This is Hannah. She was my college roomie for three years. She is one my dearest best friends in the world. We can talk for hours even if I talked to her a week before. She always asks the right questions and understands me without much explanation. I also appreciate Hannah because she is just as loyal as I am and loves the phone as much as I do. Thanks for always calling!


This is my roomie now! She is like a spouse- we do everything together and she has chosen to love me unconditionally. She is pretty much amazing and puts up with all my random quirks - which makes her that much more amazing. She is one of the most selfless people I know. She makes India fun.


This is Kelley. She is my accountability partner and sweet sweet friend. She is one of the most disciplined people you will ever meet and really does a great job of encouraging me and challenging me in my walk with the Lord. My favorite things to do with her are playing late night card games and babysitting her adorable baby Kiran!!


This is Julie. My best friend in India and my former FPO roomie. She is a God-send. There is no topic for julie and I that is off-limits. We share the beauty of life together and she will be one of those life-long friends. My favorite things to do with her is to east chocolate chip cookies and drink sweet tea while discussing the meaning of life. I love julie because she really appeals to my deeper philosophical side.


Last but not least my family! I have always been close to my family, but I feel like the distance has brought my family so much closer together. I just value the importance and time with family so much more than I ever did before. So as much as I hate the distance, I love that it is has brought us closer. They are such an amazing support- You are the best.


Happy December! I can't believe it's here. 2007 is just around the corner!! Right now as I type, I am wearing warm pajama pants and a fleece sweater...it's actually COLD here!! This is what I love about this winter season:

1. Christmas trees

2. sweatshirt hoodies ( a simple joy of mine)

3. hot chocolate & chai

4. socks

5. sharing about the birth of Jesus

6. cuddling under covers

7. really hot showers

8. baking

9. slippers

10. Christmas music


Happy Holidays!!!


7 comments:

julie said...

aww...i'm all teared up. right back at ya!

Anonymous said...

that was sweet... happy thanksgiving i love you... let's skype soon, i've been thinking about community as well... hmmmm

Kelley C said...

You are my sweet sweet friend too! I'm so thankful we ended up in the same city. and you can babysit Kiran anytime you want!

Shannon said...

Yay for blogging! I love you.

Shannon said...

Yay for blogging! I love you.

Shannon said...

Yay for blogging! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Hannah! So funny!