Sunday, November 05, 2006

Softball Update # 6- HUGE WIN!!!

Lindsey and I took pictures of ourselves before our game so you could see our jerseys. We also look half asleep because our game was early in the morning. I am going to try to find a way to bring a camera for at least one of our games...we will see.

Today we played the American Embassy School (AES) girls team. So basically we played against a bunch of high schoolers. My team, the Nirwal VJ Jewelers, were determined not to let a bunch of 15 year olds beat us! We decided that we had more life experience to beat them even if they were younger. Also, we chose to be there...where I think they play us because they have to play for high school credit.

The final score of the game was 27 to 12!!
In fact, the score board didn't even go past 24!!
This was my best game!! I didn't strike out or get any outs!! I either hit them or I got walked. My hitting has definitely improved! I was really proud of myself and so was Lindsey. Speaking of Lindsey, she is an AMAZING hitter. She can hit them to the fence...she is quite impressive and one of our best hitters!

In case any of you were curious, when I am not hitting, I play Center field. Usually there isn't much action, but today I got a lot because we were short players. I think I will be sore tomorrow. The sad thing about playing center is you don't ever get credit for anything unless you catch a fly ball. Once again, Lindsey noticed my efforts and encouraged me!

For the past two weeks there has been no Dr. Pepper in the concession stand. Sad.

4 comments:

Kelley C said...

Those jerseys are flippin' sweet.

Guess what movie was on HBO today?

Anonymous said...

Way to kick some adolescent bootay! I'm sure you taught those girls what's up! I miss you! I hope everything is going well!

kelly said...

sorry we didn't get a chance to talk yesterday!! let's plan a time to talk on skype.

Craig & Cindy said...

I am so proud of your. You inherited my sports ability so I understand what victory it is not to got an OUT.
Mommie