Every time that you play a sport, you always have this secret hidden wish that you will perform in such a way that will be impressive resulting in having people chant your name. "Alicia!" "Alicia!" "Alicia!" Let me elaborate. The bases are loaded and it's my turn to bat. As I approach the plate, I am visioning me hitting the ball to the fence, bringing everyone home, and getting a home run. "Alicia!" "Alicia!" "Alicia!" We all long for that glory. Or while standing in the outfield, I vision myself standing in the outfield and very casually catching that pop fly. "Alicia!" "Alicia!" "Alicia!" Am I right?
So today was my day of glory. No I didn't bring everyone home...(I actually had all the bases loaded and I was up to bat, but i struck out on the third out- bummer), BUT I did catch the pop fly!! "Alicia!" "Alicia!" "Alicia!" The ball actually made it past infield and I very casually put my left hand out and caught it! Then before I knew it...people were running to me, hugging me, and giving me high fives!! Glory!! I was honestly really proud of myself.
See when you play in the outfield- you never get any glory unless you catch a pop fly! So now I can end the season and be happy!! I had my first and now fleeting moment of glory.
By the way, we won our game 15 to 0!! Whoop. And my super and amazing friends Jonathan and Kelley and Kiran came to watch! Kiran was definetly our team mascot and drew a lot of attention at 2 months old. I mean she is so stinkin beautiful...its hard for her not to not steal the show...soon they were chanting "Kiran!" "Kiran!" "Kiran". ha... just kidding.
5 comments:
WAY TO GO!!!
Alicia, it was a really nice catch. It's tough to make a running catch on a hard-hit ball like that!
you are my hero!!!!!!!!!
"Alicia! Alicia! Alicia!" That awesome and you are awesome! I'm tearing up (no, I really am). Its just like those sports movies I love! I can't believe I wasn't there, but way to represent the East side! Congrats Sug!
"Alicia, Alicia, Alicia" This week the fly catch next week will be the home run.
Post a Comment