Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My new flat


These are some pictures of my new flat!! I have just shown you pics of my bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen because we don't have furniture in the rest of our house yet. It is being delivered within the next couple of days. So look for some updates.

This is my bedroom (roomies- notice Hamaley!). My bed pretty much is my room- it is the biggest bed I have ever had. It is really nice!!! The matress however is foam. There is no concept of an american matress here. My bed comforter is from Fab India which is a very nice Indian store (compatible with Pier 1 or Pottery Barn for India). I love it!! I feel very much at home in my new room. Doesn't it make you want to jump on the bed?!

Here are pictures of my bathroom. This is probably the smallest bathroom I have ever had, but I am have grown to like it!! If you notice, I don't have a shower. I kind of miss the experience of stepping into my shower and out of my shower. Pretty much the water goes everywhere. I hope to soon get a curtain rod and shower curtain (this concept of shower curtain is not very Indian).

Here is my kitchen!! This is probably my favorite room of the house. I have really enjoyed learning how to cook everything from scratch. It is definetly a challenge. If you were to come visit me, I would cook you an awesome Indian meal in my nice green kitchen!!

I love this kitchen because it has tones of cabinet space and lots of counter space. ITS PERFECT!! You can't really tell from the pics but the kitchen is a horseshoe shape. The little white toaster oven is really our oven that we cook everything in!! (Much smaller here in India) Most homes don't even have them.

No comments: