Thursday, November 03, 2005

1st things

Here is me doing things for the first time...
















Eating at my First Indian Restaurant
















My first experience shopping for salwaar kameez




My first time to drink chi tea! This is huge here and not only did I drink it, but I learned how to
make it the Indian way and to serve it with the proper etiquitte. Indians are some of the most
hospitable people I have met!
My First Indian Holiday!! Happy Diwalli! This holiday is the closest to our Christmas in the states. They decorate with lights, give gifts ( specifically indian sweets). This is religious holiday celebrated mainly by Hindus. It is to honor King Ram who will one day return. Each household will perform their own punja (worship and offering to idols). We had our own Punja and elebrated the return of the King of Kings! We were also able to celebrate the True Light through reading of scripture! It was a great time to social with Indian friends!!
This is my first time that I wore my Salwar Kameez!!The scarf looking thing is called a dupata. It must be worn at all times. Here it is known as a woman's virtue. Isn't it flattering... (said with much sarcasm)

No comments: